The Arts Liberation and Leadership Institute (ALLI) is a two-week intensive summer program where 28 youth are trained in artistry, social justice and organizing. Youth leaders develop as cultural workers in four arts pathways: spoken word poetry, music production, visual art and breakdance. This cohort of youth hones their arts and organizing skills, while deepening their understandings of race and social justice issues. They collaborate, build community and create art that challenges oppression and envisions a more just world.
ALLI 2018 will take place at Youngstown Cultural Arts Center in West Seattle
August 21st – 25th & August 27th – 31st (TWO weeks long for the first time ever!)
10 – 5pm
WHO CAN APPLY:
Youth aged 14-19 who are interested in creating change through their artistry and leadership. The program is geared towards young artists who have interest/experience in one of our four pathways: poetry, visual art, breakdance and music production.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN:
- Fully funded two-week arts intensive
- $350 stipend upon completion of the program
- Artist and activist community and collaborators
- Professional development, leadership and social justice skills
- Daily lunch and hella snacks
- Bus tokens for transportation
APPLY BELOW by June 25th: